Friday, March 20, 2009

Important Life Lesson

I have had a very intense and honestly difficult last couple of weeks. I have learned a lot about myself and about others and, ironically, public relations (my field of study).

While I don't want to go into detail about why this month has been so trying, I do want to share a very valuable life lesson I learned.

A very wise woman recently told me she can do anything. She went on to qualify her statement by saying that she couldn't do everything.

This statement hit me like a ton of bricks. For most of my life I have lived by a similar creed. I think I am a pretty intelligent individual, I'm a hard worker and I'm extremely driven. However, my ideology was not that I could do anything (although I firmly believe that we all can) but that I can do everything. We all have the capacity to do anything however, we cannot do everything - nobody can. There are not enough hours in the day to do everything, right?

After falling on my face (repeatedly) this semester, I have recommitted to be better. I know I can't do it all now but what I am going to do, I will be amazing. So, take this lesson to life - do anything, not everything.

1 comment:

Wareing Cannon said...

Heh my creed is not that I can do anything, but that I should do SOMETHING, anything at all.

I haven't seen you in a while. We should rectify that.